Virginia Housing (formerly referred to as VHDA) offers affordable loan programs for Virginians. With the update of Income and Sales Prices in addition to an increase of Loan Limits, Virginia Housing continues to provide special homeownership opportunities.Effective August 18, 2021:
|Area||Maximum Gross Household Income||Sales Price/Loan Limit|
|2 or Fewer People||3 or More People||New & Existing Construction|
|Standard||With Virginia Housing DPA or CCA Grant||Standard||With Virginia Housing DPA or CCA Grant|
|Washington | Arlington | Alexandria||$145,000||$116,000||$170,000||$136,000||$550,000|
|Norfolk | VA Beach | Newport News||$90,400||$72,300||$105,400||$84,300||$390,000|
|Culpeper | Rappahannock | Warren||$92,300||$73,800||$107,700||$86,100||$450,000|
|All Other Areas of Virginia||$88,300||$70,600||$81,200||$295,000||$295,000|
Calculation of maximum household income varies depending on program type or if combined with an MCC (Mortgage Credit Certificate) or Virginia Housing Down Payment Assistance (DPA) grant. For Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) details.
Virginia Housing - Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) Details
|Washington | Arlington | Alexandria||Norfolk | Virginia Beach | Newport News|
- These limits apply to all Virginia Housing loans. Virginia Housing Plus combined first and second mortgage cannot exceed maximum sales price limit.
- Loan amounts that include financed guaranty fees or mortgage insurance premiums cannot exceed Virginia Housing’s sales price limits.
- Please check with your Virginia Housing-approved lender to verify income, sales price and loan limits for your purchase.
- Conventional loans follow the maximum conforming loan limits.
- The information contained herein (including but not limited to any description of Virginia Housing and its lending programs and products, eligibility criteria, interest rates, fees and all other loan terms)
is subject to change without notice.
- George Mason Mortgage is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or affiliated with any government agency or programs