George Mason Mortgage’s
Welcome Home Grant
Down Payment & Closing Cost Assistance
Don’t let the potential hurdle of not having enough funds for a down payment or closing costs stop you from achieving your dreams of homeownership! GMM’s Welcome Home Grant1 may be the perfect match for you.
Up To $10,000 for Down Payment & Closing Costs
- Available for purchase and refinance on eligible primary residences
- No Mortgage Insurance Required
- This program is only available in select market areas
- Household income limits apply
- Gift funds can be used
- Homeownership counseling certificate required prior to closing if a First Time Homebuyer
GMM is a purpose-driven mortgage company that puts families and communities first. We are dedicated to supporting and investing in every neighborhood across our footprint, especially diverse communities, to advance equity and equality.
For more information about our GMM Grants visit here
1. Subject to Credit Approval. Welcome Home Grant is a lender grant and is not available in all market areas. No cash back for the Grant funds allowed. Loan must be for purchase or refinance of primary residence. For Purchase transactions, grant is capped at $10,000, with up to 3% of sales price or appraised value (whichever is less) applied towards down payment first and then any remaining funds applied to closing costs. For Refinance transactions, up to 3% of appraised value, with a maximum of $10,000 will be applied towards closing costs. Property type and location limitations apply. Loan terms and conditions apply, including but not limited to, maximum loan-to-value of 97%, maximum loan amount, minimum credit score, and maximum income limits. Homebuyer education may be required. Grant program may be considered taxable income. 1099-MISC may be issued. You should consult with your tax advisor. Program rates, terms, and conditions are subject to change without notice.
Features of GMM’s Welcome Home Grant:
Get Started on Your Journey Home
The Building and Financing Process
There are several important steps you should take to ensure a successful building and financing process.
One-Time Close Construction Loans
One-Time Close Construction Loan Program GMM’s One Time Close is available for New Construction and Renovation projects. This program offers you the benefit of …
9 Tips for Purchasing Your First Home
Beginning the home buying process can be a very exciting, yet nerve-wracking experience for anyone starting off. These tips will help answer some questions to …
Home Improvement Projects with the Best ROI
Whether you’ve purchased a fixer-upper or are thinking about selling your home in the near future, it’s important to determine which renovations or upgrades can add value to your property.
ICE Mortgage Technology Case Study
In an effort to improve the mortgage lending experience, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mae required significant changes to the Uniform Residential Loan Application (URLA) used …
Rates have hit an all-time low and have left homeowners scrambling to refinance their mortgages. You have most likely heard in casual conversations with friends …
Choosing The Right Down Payment
A down payment is the amount you pay toward the home yourself. You put a percentage of the home’s value down and borrow the rest …