Loan Options | VA Loans
Thank You To Our Veterans & Service Members*
On All Applications Taken in November 2021**
GMM is proud to work with Military Families and Veteran Homebuyers. Our experienced Loan Officers can help you navigate the home mortgage process to get you into your new home with ease.
Thank you for your service and the sacrifice you and your family have made.
About VA Loans
A VA loan is a mortgage guaranteed by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) specifically for members of the military to buy and refinance homes. Eligible veterans, active-duty service members, reservists and their spouses may be able to finance a home with no down payment and flexible credit requirements.
VA entitlement is linked to the VA guarantee, which works like mortgage insurance and protects a lender against losses if you default, much like mortgage insurance charged on conventional and FHA loans. However, the VA guarantee isn’t added to your monthly payment or charged as a lump sum, resulting in a lower VA monthly payment compared to a low down payment conventional or FHA loan.
If you’ve served in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, Public Health Service Corps, or National Oceanic and Atmosphere Administration (NOAA) Corps, you may have earned VA loan benefits.
You may be eligible if you:
- Served 2 years Regular Service
- Served 6 years Reserves/National Guard
- Served 90 days Active Duty during war-time
- Served 181 days Active Duty during peacetime
- Released early for duty-related disability
- Are a surviving spouse of a veteran
- Are a cadet or midshipmen of a U.S. military academy
- Are a member of certain other Federal service orginizations
- VA home loans often have lower interest rates and closing costs than conventional loans
- You may not have to make a down payment and mortgage insurance is not required
- You do not have to pay a penalty if you pay off your VA home loan early
You will need to get a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to prove you are eligible for a VA loan. Then you can apply for a VA loan through George Mason Mortgage.
1. VA loans require a non-refundable VA funding fee at closing. Maximum VA loan amounts vary by county. George Mason Mortgage, LLC is not endorsed by, or affiliated with any government agency or program.