George Mason Mortgage’s
Journey Home Grant
Down Payment & Closing Cost Assistance
Up To $10,000 for Down Payment & Closing Costs
- Grant has no lien required on the property
- Primary residence
- This program is only available in select market areas
- Available for purchases and eligible refinances
- Gift funds can be used
- Household income limits apply
- Homeownership counseling certificate required prior to closing if a First Time Homebuyer
- Can be used in conjunction with other down payment assistance
GMM is a purpose-driven mortgage company that puts families and communities first. We are dedicated to supporting and investing in every community across our footprint to advance equity and equality.
Most importantly, know you don’t have to make the journey alone.
For more information about our GMM Grants visit here
1. Subject to Credit Approval. Not all applicants are eligible. Journey Home Grant is a Lender Grant and is only available in select market areas. Grant is capped at $10,000, with up to 3% of sales price or appraised value (whichever is less) applied towards down payment first and then any remaining funds applied to closing costs. No cash back for the Grant funds allowed. Loan must be for purchase or eligible refinance of primary residence. Property type and location limitations apply. Loan terms and conditions apply, including but not limited to, maximum loan-to-value of 97%, maximum loan amount, minimum credit score, and maximum income limits. Homebuyer education may be required. In addition to Journey Home Grant requirements, borrowers must meet Fannie Mae HomeReady program eligibility requirements. HomeReady® is a registered trademark of Fannie Mae. Mortgage Insurance is required for properties with over 80% loan-to-value. Grant program may be considered taxable income. 1099-MISC may be issued. You should consult with your tax advisor. Program rates, terms, and conditions are subject to change without notice.
Features of GMM’s Journey Home Grant: