As Low as 3.5% Down Payment
If you want to purchase a home but do not have the funds for a large down payment, FHA may be the best option for you.
Federal Housing Administration (FHA) loans are federally-backed mortgages with lower down payments and have more flexible approval requirements than some conventional loans. With FHA loans, your down payment can come from savings, a financial gift from a family member, or a grant for down-payment assistance. In order to secure the guarantee of the FHA, homebuyers that qualify for an FHA loan are also required to purchase mortgage insurance, and premium payments are made to FHA.
George Mason Mortgage is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or affiliated with any government agency or program.
Features of FHA Mortgages:
- Low down payment options
- Less restrictive credit requirements
- No first time homebuyer restrictions
- Up to 6% seller paid closing costs
- Gift funds are allowed
- Purchase, Refinance, New Construction & Renovation options
- No income limits
- Higher debt-to-income ratio than other programs
- Single-Family & Condos, Primary Residence only
- Lower mortgage insurance premium than private mortgage insurance
This is not a commitment to lend. All loan applications are subject to credit and property approval and must meet loan program requirements to qualify. Annual Percentage Rate (APR), programs, rates, fees, closing costs, terms and conditions are subject to change without notice and may vary depending upon credit history and transaction specifics. Flood and/or property hazard insurance may be required.