At George Mason Mortgage, the health and safety of our employees, customers and communities we serve are our top priority. As we continue to monitor developments from the coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to share some of the steps we have taken to continue operating in a safe and effective manner while helping those directly affected by this global pandemic.
- GMM is diligently monitoring updates from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) in conjunction with state and local health offices in the markets we serve. Our multi-state infrastructure and localized leadership provides us the ability to make responsive and prudent decisions when identifying and implementing measures to minimize the impact associated with the global outbreak.
- GMM has executed its remote capabilities allowing employees to work efficiently and safely from their homes, limiting exposure to one another and our communities.
- GMM is communicating regularly with our employees to keep them informed and to ensure their safety and yours.
How We Continue to Serve You
- GMM is using advanced technology systems to provide a virtual mortgage origination process, providing an effective way to close your loan.
- For customers who may require face-to-face assistance with their loan application, an appointment should be made with the Loan Officer prior to arriving at the GMM Branch. There will be a limit of no more than ten people in the designated meeting space.
- Customers are encouraged to stay alert and be aware of fraud attempts associated with this event. These may include suspicious emails, text messages and phone calls. Attempts to solicit personal information (i.e. account numbers, usernames, password, etc.) and/or requests to wire funds should be met with suspicion. All borrowers are encouraged to call their Settlement Agent/Attorney using contact information from an independent source, such as the sales contract or internet, to verify wire instructions prior to wiring funds. If you believe you have received a fraudulent request or email, please notify us immediately.
As we work together through this uncertain time in our lives, we are engaged in constant communication with our employees and business associates. GMM is fortunate to have the guidance and support from an internal Pandemic Task Force that continually reviews the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 and helps plan safety strategies needed at this time.
When we go through challenging times, it can be motivation to focus on the positive things in front of us. As we celebrate 40 years of business in 2020, we are reminded of how far we have come and where we will continue to go as an industry leader. We are proud of our success and by working together, we are confident that our commitment to service will be stronger than ever before.